To allow communication between a new pair of sensor insoles and the software, Pairing must be performed first. The purpose of pairing is to tell the software about the ID of the sensor insoles, such that they can be connected. For every sensor insole pair in use, this needs to be done only once. The software saves all IDs of paired sensor insoles for future use.
What are you looking for?¶
Instructions pairing sensor insoles¶
- If not done already, go to the Record section.
- Click on Settings located on the far right side of the ribbon bar.
- The Settings dialog pops up. Make sure you are on the Insole
category of the Connect tab.
- To add a new pair of sensor insoles, use the 'New' button at the bottom
of the list box.
- Another dialog opens:
Enter a name for the new sensor insoles.
The sensor insole name has to be unique. You cannot assign a name twice.
Begin with the left sensor insole. Click on the 'Pair' button next to the text box.
Now, you have to shake and turn the left sensor insole upside down, as shown in the image which appeared in the dialog.
Make sure only ONE insole is turned upside down. Otherwise pairing cannot be processed correctly.
When the sensor insole is found, its 'ID-L' is indicated in the text box. Now, turn it back to normal position.
- Repeat steps 7-9 for the right sensor insole.
- Once both sensor insoles are paired correctly, close the dialog with 'OK'.
You should now see the new pair of sensor insoles in the list box of the Settings dialog:
The list box shows name, size, serial number, and ID for the paired sensor insoles.
The serial numbers are only visible once you connected the sensor insoles for the first time. The number shown in this column should be identical with the number on the back of your sensor insole.
Close the Settings by clicking 'OK' at the bottom of the dialog.